5 Val Viola - Valtellina
|Click here to open the photos in a new window.|
- Val Viola. A view of the wild green. The scenic view is most beautiful.
- Rifugio Viola. The one-time Italian barracks is now a shelter for hikers and bikers at an elevation of 2314 m.
- Steel door. The Rifugio Viola shows some reminders of the military past.
- Out of the window. An example of minimum design inside and outside the Rifugio Val Viola.
- Military track. The cobblestoned ascend to the Passo Val Viola.
- Passo Val Viola. The second highest places of our Alpine traverse (2489 m).
- To the Lago Val Viola. The way down is rather difficult. We swear and curse all the way down as we help each other carrying our mountain bikes.
- Morning sun. A glimpse of sun as we wake up in the Valtellina.
- Ice cream. A short break in Morbegno on our way to Lake Como.
© Ralf Bueschges. All rights reserved.