2 Silbertal - Fimbatal
|Click here to open the photos in a new window.|
- Stressed. Times ago I must have felt fresher ... Down from the Kristbergsattel we go on to the Silbertal.
- The Silbertal. The forecast has promised thunderstorms in the afternoon hours. Luckily the weather keeps dry.
- To the Silbertaler Winterjöchle. Pushing the mountain bikes through the muddy highmoor up to the pass.
- Bikers on the run. Just after a longer drought it is feasible to keep your feet dry walking the Silbertal.
- To the Verbellener Winterjöchli. The trail to the Neue Heilbronner Hütte is really disgusting. "Partly bad carry section" is what the guidebook reads ...
- Zeinisjoch. Welcome to the submarine world! No better forecast for the next few days! Here we go ...
- Heidelberger Hütte. Passing Galtür and Ischgl, following the ascend through the Fimbatal (Fimba Valley), we reach the lodge.
- Ascend to Fimberpass. Below lies the Heidelberger Hütte, above there is snow.
- Ready to push? The track is snowy but we advance easily. Just one hour of bike-pushing to the Fimber Pass.
© Ralf Bueschges. All rights reserved.