1 Start at Tegernsee
|Click here to open the images in a new window!|
- Ready to start. Helmut enjoys breakfast at the Hotel Stuferhof in Tegernsee. Still he doesn't really know what to expect ...
- The checklist. While Martin - our Fahrtwind guide - reads out the checklist ...
- Coffee and cake. ... Helmut is focused on the essentials: Sonja serves coffee and cake at the parking lot near the Wallberg Cablecar.
- The luggage. You will not miss anything with such an excellent support van. Even the oxygen tents are stored within :-) Just a daypack is left for everyone. How comfortable!
- Equipment check. Easily we ride the dirtroads through the forest and head to the Austrian border. Just a sip of water and a security check on our mountain bikes before we go on.
- Adjust your saddle. Martin helps Helmut to find the optimum riding position. During the next few days their seat will receive several riders' intensive attention.
- Around the bend. We proceed through the Valepp Valley. Let's hit the road now ...
- Good luck! A wet wooden bridge stops Siegfried on the following downhill. He is still a little petrified but - again - laughing.
- Erzherzog-Johann-Klause (Tyrol). While we enjoy some softdrinks we are all happy that Siegfried can continue the tour. In the afternoon we pass the "Kaiserhaus" and reach Stans, where we stay overnight.
© Ralf Bueschges. All rights reserved.